Youth System Navigator (HEAP)
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County since 1972, is seeking an experienced Youth System Navigator to provide housing-focused system navigation services to transition aged youth in East County HEAP Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-reach and outreach services for youth.
- Assess youth for skills, challenges and appropriate services.
- Screen for prevention or diversion.
- If appropriate, provide youth prevention or diversion services, including family reunification.
- Collaborate with youth to create a Housing Stability Plan.
- Complete Youth Common Assessment when appropriate.
- Assist youth with collection of all appropriate documents.
- Evaluate transportation needs and support youth in developing a sustainable plan.
- Provide clients with referrals as needed for services and activities, including mainstream benefits, education, and employment.
- Provide clear direct, support and follow-up to all youth.
- Maintain client files and records.
- Complete Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data entry.
- Complete case notes.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and individual/team supervision as required.
Skills / Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, social services, and/or related human services field preferred. Demonstrated experience in low income, homeless, youth services, and/or commensurate experience preferred. Must have knowledge of community resources for youth and/or low income households, Positive Youth Development, and Trauma-Informed Care. Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgement, insight into human behavior, and family relations. Skills: Effective communication skills. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Job Status: Full Time