Supervised By: Licensed Clinical Supervisor, Team
Leader, Director of Programs
Job Summary: Under licensed clinical supervision, provides home-based mental health treatment and case management services to client families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides long-term individual, family and group therapeutic services to children and their families. Services include but are not limited to: therapy, play therapy, counseling, case management, crisis intervention, and parent-skill building and advocacy.
- Provides case management services including: assessment, identification of client needs and goals on case plan with ongoing monitoring and follow-up on progress toward goals. Links clients with community resources where necessary to assist in meeting case plan goals. Assists clients with accessing necessary services.
- Collects and records client and service information in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains client case files and records in organized and easily accessible fashion.
- Attends and participates in individual and group supervision, team and staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Develops and maintains positive, supportive working relationships with other team members and all agency staff.
- Ensures clients receive high quality services as defined in the Agency Standards of Quality and protects client confidentiality.
- Assists supervisor in program development projects and participates in overall agency goal achievement.
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities to stay current in field.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master's or doctorate degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field and 3 years plus post Masters/doctorate experience providing therapeutic services to multi-problem families in a counseling or social work setting. Must be a registered intern with the CA Board of Behavioral Services and have an intern number. Knowledge: Knowledge of child abuse dynamics, family violence, and family systems. Skills: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate in working with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Abilities: Willingness to provide in-home services. Must be a team player and able to work independently. Other requirements: Must have a valid California driver's license, a safe driving record, insurance and reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the homes of client families, in the office or at required meetings and in supervision.
- Daily traveling in car to clients or to agency and community meetings
- Occasional lifting and carrying of boxes or bags for delivery to client families (such as emergency food supplies).
- Frequent note-taking and recording in case files by hand.
- Office space may be shared.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time