Team Leader - Rapid Re-Housing Program
Home Start, a non-profit agency dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect, is seeking an experienced supervisor for the Rapid Re-Housing program. The Rapid Re-Housing program is a community-based and time-limited supportive housing program. The program provides case management and financial assistance to participants to assist them in rapidly exiting homelessness and support their stabilization in permanent housing. The Team Leader is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the program staff and their activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns cases and supervises direct service staff (employees and volunteers), oversees day-to-day activities of the team, goal setting and attainment, and performance evaluations
- Approves housing stability plans and provides quality assurance
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring, training and orientation of new staff, interns and volunteers
- Conducts weekly team meetings
- Monitors and updates program and client budgets
- Ensures accurate and timely collection and reporting of data from team to contract specifications
- Reviews and approves timecards, mileage reimbursement, and time off requests
- Reviews and monitors case files for accuracy and contract compliance and monitors the quality of services provided
- Monitors the implementation of policies and procedures and identifies policy issues
- Identifies training needs of team members
- Attends and participates in agency meetings as required
Skills / Requirements
Masters or equivalent in social work or related human services field and a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience required. Experience with supportive housing/rapid re-housing services and knowledge of child welfare, family systems, and community resources highly preferred. Must have demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive to community and individual household needs. Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills are essential to the position.
Home Start is proud to be recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For in 2012, 2011 and 2010 from the NonProfit Times Nationwide program; one of San Diego's 50 Best Places to Work from the San Diego Business Journals 2009 10th Annual Best Places to Work program; and a 2011 and 2012 Medallion Winner in the San Diego Workplace Excellence Awards sponsored by the Society for Human Resources Management.
Job Status: Full Time