Social Work Case Manager
Position: Social Work Case Manager
Supervised By: Deputy Director of Housing
Job Summary: Responsible for providing case management, program and community services and referrals to participant in the HOY Program – East County region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide case management services to youth experiencing homelessness.
- Conduct client-screening interviews and assess service needs via phone and face to face interview.
- Assessment and case planning on each participant residing in the HOY Program.
- Provide quality trauma informed and positive youth development principles to participant.
- Implement outreach to eligible youth.
- On-going support and supervision of youth participating in programs.
- Provide information and referrals to other program services.
- Collect data, input case notes into county monitored database, maintain records and case files.
- Provide educational and housing assistance to eligible youth.
- Provide crisis intervention to clients as needed.
- Provide assessment of competency and job readiness.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating workshops and special events.
- Provide job placement assistance to eligible youth.
- Provide advocacy and referrals based on clients’ needs.
- Develop and maintain outreach and linkages in the community.
- Collaborate with community based organization.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned and assist with maintaining proper document storage and auditing.
- Participate in and attend all required staff meetings, trainings, events and appropriate agency-wide committees.
- Ability to work effectively with others in alignment with Home Start’s mission
Education A Master’s Degree in human services or related field or equivalent work or volunteer experience and training preferred. Skills: Must work well with persons of varied sexual orientation, racial, ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds, and with individuals who are differently-abled. Awareness of relationship violence, child abuse, stalking, and sexual abuse and assault preferred. Knowledge of counseling and advocacy techniques for people who have been victims of crime, including crisis intervention and case management skills beneficial. Previous employment or volunteer work in human services, community agencies or other related non-profit or social change organizations a plus. Good oral and written communication and computer skills are required. Bilingual (Spanish/English) speaker preferred. Other Requirements: Must pass a criminal background check. Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- Reading and typing on a computer frequently.
- Sitting for long periods of time at required meetings or in supervision.
- Daily traveling in car to meet with clients and attend agency and community meetings.
- Office environment.
- Travel to meet with clients.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time