Residential Supervisor - Maternity Housing Program (2 Positions)
Home Start, a leader in providing child abuse prevention and family strengthening services in San Diego County for over 46 years, is seeking an experienced residential supervisor for a residential maternity housing program. The program is a small residential facility that houses 30 to 35 pregnant and/or parenting young women and their children. The Residential Supervisor participates in the residents' development, parenting training and other program components as necessary. The supervisor is responsible for insuring residents' compliance with program rules and guidelines in the afternoon and late evenings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the program and assists the Case Manager and Residential Case Manager in delivering educational information to individuals and groups on topics relating to personal and family health, nutrition, home skills, parenting and childcare, consumer/financial literacy and budgeting, cross-cultural issues, healthy relationships and other subjects supporting the successful transition to independence.
- Monitors resident's compliance with policies and procedures and identifies policy issues.
- Stationed on-site at program-provided housing to provide adult supervision for residential clients and coordinates with "back-up" staff to assure supervision is provided overnights and in the evenings.
- Properly complete daily documentation: progress notes, incident reports, inspection checklist, client contact hours, program data, etc.
- Ensures accurate and timely collection and reporting of data to contract specification for evaluation.
- Perform minor maintenance and housekeeping at the direction of the MSP Program Manager.
- Participates in community, group and/or service collaborations as appropriate.
- Assures security of confidential information and materials.
- Perform routine non scheduled house visits to ensure program rules and guidelines are being followed by the MSP residents.
- Drive agency owned 12-passenger van to transport clients to activities, outreach, and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned that are consistent with level of experience and preparation.
Skills / Requirements
Education: Bachelor level or equivalent in social work, psychology, education and/or related human services field and three years experience working with multi-problem youth and families in a non-profit/human services setting. Demonstrated experience with family-based services. Must have a minimum of one year experience in a residential setting. .Knowledge: Knowledge of child development, child abuse dynamics, family systems, and community resources. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive to community and individual family needs. Must be a team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and abilities. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish language preferred. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile, a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Position is scheduled for - 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Home Start is proud to be recognized as one of the 50 Best NonProfits to Work For in 2012, 2011 and 2010 from the NonProfit Times Nationwide program; one of San Diego's 50 Best Places to Work from the San Diego Business Journals 10th Annual Best Places to Work program; a 2012 and 2011 Medallion winner in the San Diego SHRM Workplace Excellence Awards; and a 2013 finalist in the U-T San Diego Top Work Places,
Job Status: Full Time