Program Manager - First Steps Program
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County since 1972, is seeking an experienced Program Manager for the First Steps Program. The Program Manager ensures overall service quality through administrative supervision and oversight of the project services, including program planning and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises program staff, including day-to-day activities, goal setting and attainment including achievement of productivity goals, and annual evaluations.
- Oversees hiring new staff as required.
- Provides orientation and on-the-job training to new regular, intern and volunteer staff regarding program services, polices and procedures. Provides in-service training and consultation to on-site staff in empirically-based, effective prevention and intervention strategies.
- Ensures accurate and timely collection and reporting of client and service information and completion of case files. Collects data, writes and prepares program reports to funders.
- Oversees compliance with contract standards and provisions through the ongoing monitoring of program utilization evaluation.
- Ensures program staff receive quality clinical supervision. Provides non-licensed clinical supervision and support.
- Represents the agency at public and professional meetings. Develops and manages program service collaborations with other agencies as dictated by the agency planning process.
- Assumes responsibility for program development projects, which are negotiated annually and based upon the overall agency goals and objectives.
- Oversees preparation of budgets, proposals and grants with ongoing budget oversight on contracts.
- Attends and participates in program management team.
Skills / Requirements
A Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field, administrative experience and/or four years working with multi-problem families in a counseling or social work setting, preferably home-based. Knowledge of child abuse dynamics and family systems. Bilingual in Spanish, or an Asian or Pacific language preferred. Computer literacy required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to be culturally appropriate and sensitive with others and has respect for diversity. Supervisory experience and competence and ability to work with both professional and paraprofessional staff and volunteers. Leadership qualities, flexibility and ability to create a high performance climate and to work as a team member. Must be highly organized and have the ability to adjust to a fast paced environment with changing priorities. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile insurance, a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Job Status: Full Time