Manager of Behavioral Health Services
Position: Manager of Behavioral Health Services
Supervised By: Director of Programs
Supervises: Team Leaders, Therapists, Clinical Outreach Specialist, Interns
Job Summary: Responsible for the overall operations of the Behavioral Health Department including staff, intern, and independent contractor management, leadership and supervision, planning, budgeting, administrative activities, record keeping, reporting, safety, and contract and licensing compliance. Ensures that all staff and programs adhere to policy and procedures. Responsible for integrating behavioral health services into Home Start’s supportive housing, homeless outreach, and other programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff and oversee the day to day activities of all behavioral health services.
- Ensure contract and grant service objectives are met.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring of new staff.
- Manage the Home Start Clinical Internship Program.
- Ensure the agency meets all California Psychology Internship Council (CAPIC) credential requirements.
- Attend housing team meetings and provide case consultation and clinical oversight of homeless outreach and supportive housing programs.
- Ensure the agency meets all Medi-Cal licensing and documentation requirements.
- Ensure staff receive quality clinical supervision. Provide licensed/non-licensed clinical and administrative supervision and support as appropriate.
- Monitor the overall quality of behavioral health services and coordinate team efforts for consistent quality improvement.
- Oversee the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of program budgets.
- Assist with program development, contract, and grant proposals.
- Oversee and monitor Home Start’s guided clinical support groups.
- Ensure staff receive initial and on-going training and professional development opportunities.
- Provide review and inspection of client files and databases for quality assurance.
- Prepare contractually required reports for funders.
- Represent the agency at public and professional meetings, work groups, and committees.
- Develop and manage service collaborations, partnerships, and MOU’s with other relevant organizations.
- Monitor the implementation of policies and procedures and identify policy issues.
- Oversee internal and external audits and maintain responsibility for audit compliance and documentation quality.
- Attend internal management and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a related field. Administrative experience and/or four years working with low-income families in a counseling or social work setting. CA State issued Clinical license preferred. Knowledge: Knowledge of trauma informed care, trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy, child abuse dynamics, family systems, and community resources. Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Computer literacy required. Abilities: Ability to embrace innovation and new ideas. Demonstrated ability to be culturally appropriate and sensitive with respect for diversity. Supervisory experience and competence with the ability to work with both professional and paraprofessional staff, interns, and volunteers. Strong leadership qualities, flexibility, and the ability to create a high performing environment. Ability to work as a member of a team. Must be highly organized and have the ability to adjust to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile insurance, a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Reading and typing on a computer frequently.
- Sitting for long periods of time at required meetings or in supervision.
- Daily traveling in car to agency and community meetings.
- Office space may be shared
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other protected category.
Job Status: Full Time