Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County since 1972 is seeking an experienced Job Coach/Developer to be responsible for recruiting program participants as well as coordinating and developing classroom instruction, one-on-one coaching, and on-the-job training. Works with community partners to develop employment placement opportunities for program participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit clients to ensure all cohorts meet minimum participation levels.
- Provide presentations to small and large audiences.
- Develop and implement program policies and procedures.
- Develop and update classroom based training/curriculum on workforce development topics.
- Facilitate classroom-based learning sessions.
- Provide on-the-job training opportunities at Home Start’s Thrift Boutique Social Enterprise and/or other locations.
- Assist clients with job search, resume writing, interview preparation, and other activities.
- Assist with language translation and cultural concerns before, during, and after client job interviews.
- Create employment opportunities for clients by developing linkages to transitional and permanent employment opportunities.
- Track client participation and eligibility for stipends.
- Build and maintain partnerships with similar workforce development and staffing organizations.
- Ensure that performance goals relating to cohort numbers and job placements are achieved.
- Conduct data entry to track participant progress and outcomes.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Attend regular networking events and other work groups involving employer outreach activities.
- Attend meetings, community fairs, and events as needed.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience in business, workforce development, social work, education and/or related human services field preferred. Knowledge of community resources, workforce development, job readiness, local labor markets, and familiarity with local employers. Must have the ability to create and update curriculum, facilitate classroom based learning, and provide one-on-one coaching. Ability to network with employers and partner with them to create job opportunities for clients. Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Effective communication skills essential. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Job Status: Full Time