Position: Home Visitor II
Title: Intake Coordinator
Supervised By: Program Manager
Job Summary: The Intake Coordinator is the liaison between the Community Services for Families Program (CSF) and Child Welfare Services. The Intake Coordinator also provides some direct services to clients as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes all referrals for CSF services
- Collaborates with regional Child Welfare Services workers to assist in the smooth processing of referrals
- Contacts all potential clients to identify them of their referral and to confirm their interest in the program
- Enters data into the web-based program
- Collects data on a monthly basis and completes reports
- Helps to ensure accurate and timely collection of data from the team
- Provides administrative support at meetings
- Provides administrative support for the team
- Manages closed files and ensures timely processing of files for storage
- Provides direct client services to 2-4 clients
- Participates in team meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in social work or related human services field and minimum two years experience working with high risk families in a non-profit/human service setting. Experience providing case management services to low income, multi-problem families preferred. Knowledge: Must have knowledge of child abuse dynamics and family systems and community resources. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive to community and individual family needs. Must be a team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and abilities. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the office, at supervision or at required meetings.
- Traveling in car to agency and community meetings.
- Frequent note taking by hand during meetings and for supervision purposes.
- Office spaced is shared.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time