Intake and Prevention Specialist
Position: Intake & Prevention Specialist
Supervised By: Deputy Director of Housing
Location: East County
Job Summary: The Intake & Prevention Specialist identifies, screens, and accepts referrals for homelessness prevention services, internal programs and resources, and connecting clients to external resources. This role provides light touch case management services and connects clients to appropriate services and assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and respond to housing phone and housing email.
- Respond to all inquiries about programs, screen for services/assistance, update and maintain program waitlists, and help clients navigate internal and external resources.
- Screens clients for homelessness prevention services using the approved screening tool.
- Provides homelessness prevention services including back rent payments, landlord mediation, and follow-up.
- Provide support housing stabilization and case management for individuals and families that are at imminent risk of losing their housing
- Provides a high-quality customer service environment for all clients.
- Maintains client files and records.
- Completes Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and Community Information Exchange (CIE) data entry.
- Completes client case notes.
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferencing, and training as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, social services, and/or related human services field preferred. Knowledge: Knowledge of community resources and evidence-based practices. Skills: Must have effective communication skills and be willing to work as a team player. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Essential personal attributes include: stability, sensitivity, flexibility, patience, discretion, warm and friendly disposition, and non-judgmental attitude. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile insurance, a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Reading and typing on a computer frequently.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Daily traveling in car to meet with clients and landlords.
- May be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
- Office space may be shared with frequent telephone and visitor contacts.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identify or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time