Host Homes Coordinator - YHDP
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County since 1972 is seeking an experienced Host Homes Coordinator to co-design, implement, lead, and help evaluate the Home Start Host Homes program. The Coordinator will identify, screen, and train community members who volunteer to host youth in need of immediate housing. Provide assessment, case management, crisis intervention, and coordinate activities for youth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess youth for skills, challenges and appropriate services.
- Collaborate with eligible clients to create a Housing Stability Plan that will be updated monthly.
- Collaborate with client and host to complete a Host Home Agreement and Participation Plan.
- Evaluate transportation needs and support youth in developing a sustainable plan.
- Provide clients with referrals as needed for services and activities, in particular mental health, substance abuse services, and opportunities for educational & career development and personal enrichment.
- Provide clear direct, support and follow-up to all clients.
- Support clients in action plan to resolve issues that can prevent clients from maintaining their housing.
- Maintains client files and records.
- Complete Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data entry.
- Complete case notes.
- Develop capacity of relevant service providers and community partners to serve youth.
- Plan and attend regular, ongoing trainings related to topics connected to Host Home Program including supporting youth experiencing housing instability, positive youth development, trauma-informed care, and host home best practices.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and individual/team supervision as required.
Skills / Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, social services, and/or related human services field preferred. Demonstrated experience in low income, homeless, youth services, and/or commensurate experience preferred. Knowledge of community resources for low income households. Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgement, insight into human behavior and family relations. Effective communication skills. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Job Status: Full Time