Homelessness Prevention Specialist (Part-time)
Home Start, founded in 1972, is a non-profit agency dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and strengthening families. We are currently looking for a Homelessness Prevention Specialist to identify, screen, and accept referrals for homelessness prevention services. Will provide light touch case management services as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screens clients for homelessness prevention services using the approved screening tool.
- Accepts and sends client referrals for homelessness prevention using the Community Information Exchange (CIE).
- Provides homelessness prevention services including back rent payments, landlord mediation, and follow-up.
- Provides a high quality customer service environment for all clients.
- Maintains client files and records.
- Completes Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and Community Information Exchange (CIE) data entry.
- Completes client case notes.
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferencing, and training as assigned by supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, social services, and/or related human services field preferred. Knowledge of community resources and evidence-based practices. Must have effective communication skills and be willing to work as a team player. Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Essential personal attributes include: stability, sensitivity, flexibility, patience, discretion, warm and friendly disposition, and non-judgmental attitude. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, automobile insurance, a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Job Status: Full Time