Financial Coach - Communities in Action (Temporary)
Home Start, founded in 1972, is a non-profit agency dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and strengthening families. We are currently seeking Financial Coach to be responsible for assisting clients in developing plans of action that are intended to help the client reach their goals and achieve financial stability. The financial coach is expected to focus services in a one on one counseling format or group presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess labor markets as they relate to the employment trends and opportunities.
- Provide one-on-one or group coaching for program participants.
- Assist participants with goal setting, budgeting, credit building/rebuilding, debt repayment, savings, utilization for quality financial services, and asset development.
- Monitor participant progress toward financial goals.
- Follow up with participants on referrals to other financial service professionals when applicable.
- Maintain files and database for all participants including the intake form, credit report, coach’s appointment notes, analysis and corrective action plan.
- Coordinating and conducting financial workshops in a school or community setting.
This is a temporary position from January through April 2020.
Skills / Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience in social science, business, education, economics, psychology, human development, or related fields. Demonstrated experience with low income, family-based services and/or commensurate experience may qualify. Knowledge of community resources, financial planning, credit, real estate, lending, and financial education. Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Must have the ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgement, insight into human behavior and family relations. Effective communication skills are essential. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish, Asian, or a Pacific language preferred. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary