Family Visitation Coach
Job Summary: Provides visitation coaching to families who have children in out of home care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides visit coaching to families who have children in out of home care.
- Maintains a flexible working schedule to accommodate families’ schedule.
- Maintains accurate and timely case records documenting all services provided.
- Maintains monthly reporting and data entry as required by the contract.
- Monitors participants’ progress in developing skills needed to assure positive outcomes.
- Assures security of confidential information and materials.
- Networks and develops relationships with various community service agencies.
- Attends agency, program and collaborative meetings as assigned.
- Accepts direction and reports to Team Leader for direct supervision.
- Attends and participates in training as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work, child development or related human services field and a minimum of two years of related experience providing direct client services in-home. Knowledge: Knowledge of community resources. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgment, insight into human behavior and family relations. Skills: Effective communication skills. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position scheduled Tuesday -Saturday. Scheduled hours may vary based on client need.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the homes of client families, in the office or at required meetings.
- Daily traveling in car to clients or to agency and community meetings.
- Frequent note taking and recording in case files by hand.
- Office space is shared.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time