Family Support Partner
Home Start’s vision is for every child to have a safe, stable, and nurturing home. Guided by our mission to assure the safety and resiliency of children by strengthening families and their communities, Home Start, Inc., a non-profit child abuse prevention, and treatment agency has strengthened and developed San Diego’s families and communities since 1972.
Job Summary: Provides in-home parent education and supportive services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts client assessments consistent with program requirements.
- Provides in-home parent education and support services including identification of clients’ needs and goals on case plan with ongoing monitoring and follow-up on progress towards those goals.
- Provides services to clients including, but not limited to supportive counseling, crisis intervention, mentoring, and parent education.
- Teaches and demonstrates goal setting and decision making.
- Provides support to families in identifying and obtaining community resources.
- Maintains a flexible working schedule to accommodate families’ schedule.
- Maintains accurate and timely case records documenting all services provided.
- Maintains monthly reporting and data entry as required by the contract.
- Monitors participants’ progress in developing skills needed to assure positive outcomes
- Assures security of confidential information and materials.
- Networks and develops relationships with various community service agencies.
- Attends agency, program and collaborative meetings as assigned.
- Accepts direction and reports to team leader for direct supervision.
- Attends and participates in training as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, psychology, education and/or related human services field. Demonstrated experience in in-home, low income, family-based services and/or commensurate experience may qualify. Knowledge: Knowledge of community resources. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgement, and insight into human behavior and family relations. Skills: Effective communication skills. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Sitting for long periods of time in the office or at required meetings.
- Daily traveling in car to clients or to agency worksites and community meetings.
- Routinely required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push, and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills, and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Frequent note taking, recording in case files by hand, and data entry.
- Office space may be shared with frequent telephone and visitor contacts.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time