Family Support Partner - Community Services for Families
Work in the community and make a difference in the lives of children and families. Help prevent child abuse and neglect in San Diego County. Home Start, a non-profit agency founded in 1972 and dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and strengthening of families is seeking a Family Support Partner for the Community Services for Families Program in East San Diego County. This position provides in-home parenting education to low income, at-risk families and individuals. Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts client assessments consistent with program requirements.
- Provides in-home parent education and support services including: identification of clients’ needs and goals on case plan with ongoing monitoring and follow-up on progress towards those goals.
- Provides services to clients including, but not limited to supportive counseling, crisis intervention, mentoring, and parent education.
- Teaches and demonstrates goal setting and decision making.
- Provides support to families in identifying and obtaining community resources.
- Maintains a flexible working schedule to accommodate families’ schedule.
- Maintains accurate and timely case records documenting all services provided.
- Maintains monthly reporting and data entry as required by the contract.
- Monitors participants’ progress in developing skills needed to assure positive outcomes
- Assures security of confidential information and materials.
- Networks and develops relationships with various community service agencies.
- Attends agency, program and collaborative meetings as assigned.
- Accepts direction and reports to team leader for direct supervision.
- Attends and participates in training as appropriate.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor's degree in social work or equivalent human services field required; bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must have knowledge of Child Welfare Services, family and child services and familiar with community resources. Must have demonstrated experience with in-home, low income, family-based services. Must have the ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity and to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgment,and insight into human behavior and family relations. Effective communication skills are essential. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate.
Job Status: Full Time