Family Resource Specialist - First Steps Program
Home Start, a non-profit agency dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and strengthening of families is seeking a Family Resource Specialist to be responsible for outreach at various locations to enroll appropriate families into a program focused on supporting healthy and secure attachment between parents and children, and completing supporting documentation according to Healthy Families of America policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fosters and maintains contacts with various organizations throughout the community and follows up with these contacts in order to gain referrals for the First Steps program.
- Educates the community and potential referral partners on what is an appropriate referral for the program.
- Educates potential clients about the First Steps program and provides appropriate resources at outreach locations.
- Networks and develops relationships with various community service agencies and attends agency, program and collaborative meetings as assigned.
- Represents First Steps and Home Start in a professional manner in the community and connects the potential clients with FSS Supervisors in a timely manner
- Accepts direction and reports to Family Support Specialist Supervisor or Program Manager for direct supervision.
- Maintains a flexible working schedule to accommodate training and outreach needs.
- Maintains accurate and timely case records documenting all services provided.
- Maintains monthly reporting and data entry as required by the contract and agency requirements.
- Assures security of confidential information and materials, following HIPAA
- Attends and participates in ongoing training, cultivates an attitude of continuous learning.
- Actively participate in all parts of Supervision, maintain an open and objective stance to exploring your thoughts and feelings as is related to the work to engage in the parallel process.
Skills / Requirements
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in child development, social work, psychology, education and/or related human services field. Demonstrated experience with in-home, low income, family-based services and/or commensurate experience may qualify. Knowledge: Knowledge of community resources and outreach skills. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgment, insight into human behavior and family relations. Skills: Must have strong verbal communication skills and be comfortable speaking in front of large and small groups of people. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate.
Home Start offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including employer paid medical and life insurance. Voluntary benefits include dental, vision, additional life insurance and AFLAC; FSA for medical and dependent care; and 401(K) Plan with employer match. Time off benefits include generous vacation, sick days and holidays.
Job Status: Full Time