Director of Human Resources
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County since 1972 is seeking an experienced individual to provide professional and administrative oversight in managing all human resources functions for the agency, The director will participate as a member of the executive management team and be responsible for recruiting and hiring; employee relations; policy planning and implementation, benefits administration, worker's compensation and safety; volunteer program; and payroll processing:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the recruiting and hiring process to include maintaining job postings, resume screening, participating in interviews as appropriate, reference checking, clearance processing, and on-boarding.
- Maintains, updates and implements policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Supports management and staff by providing human resources direction, advice and counsel.
- Guides staff by communicating human resources guidelines and enforcing agency values.
- Leads agency’s compliance with government and labor legal requirements including EEO, ADA, FMLA, DOL, OSHA, ACA, and ERISA.
- Administers performance review process including 90-day and annual reviews.
- Manages agency benefits programs including health, 401(K), Flexible Spending Account, sick time, vacation, leaves of absence, and COBRA administration.
- Oversees Worker’s Compensation Insurance and claims administration.
- Maintains relationships with brokers, recruiters, staffing agencies and vendors,
- Establishes and maintains agency records and reports regarding employment
- Maintains computerized tracking system and integrity of data.
- Maintains employee files and adheres to record-keeping guidelines.
- Establishes and monitors departmental internal controls.
- Prepares payroll utilizing ADP Workforce Now and maintains HRIS.
- Coordinates unemployment claims with 3rd party administrator.
- Attends and participates in agency meetings including, EMT, CAMT and ECAMT.
- Coordinates quarterly All Staff Meetings, Annual Summer Event, and Winter Events
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current, new, and emerging laws and best practices
- Oversees Volunteer Program
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience in HR and a minimum of seven years’ experience in a generalist capacity required. Experience in a non-profit environment highly preferred. Human Resources Certification (HRCI or SHRM) a plus. Must have knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws; OSHA and safety practices, worker’s comp, and payroll wage and hour laws, and experience in compensation management, HRIS and ADP Workforce Now. Management and leadership skills with ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure with multiple deadlines and attention to detail are required. Must have the ability to work independently, be solution focused and be able to resolve issues. Must have the ability to create team cohesion and empower individuals; and be mission focused. Must be a team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and abilities. Computer literate required
Job Status: Full Time