Home Start, founded in 1972, is a non-profit agency dedicated to promoting the safety and nurturance of children by fostering healthy families and communities. We are currently seeking an experienced child supervisor for children whose parents are participating in a parenting class at various community locations throughout the East region of San Diego County.
Child supervisors will be under the direction of the Program Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining records of attendance and supervising the signing in and out of children in the
- Providing supervision for children ages 0 – 12 years old
- Coordinate children’s activities and engage children in group activities
- Monitors child safety during child supervision
- Distributes snacks and water to children
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment in the child’s area
- Take care of the emotional comfort of children
- Communicate effectively with parents when necessary
Skills / Requirements
- Education: A minimum of a High School Diploma
- Experience: Previous experience in providing child supervision/babysitting
- Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity
- Skills: Effective communication skills. Must be a team player, and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Other requirements: Must have a valid CDL, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings (minimum of 2 hours) and weekends.
- Traveling in car to class locations/ pick up items for class
- Constant bending, standing and walking for long periods of time
- Able to pick up 30 lbs.
- The noise level fluctuates from quiet to noisy
Job Status: Part Time,On Call