Case Managers - Homeless Youth Program
Home Start, a non-profit agency dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and strengthening of families is seeking two (2) Case Managers for the Homeless Youth Program at the Maternity Housing Program. The Case Manager will provide in-home and center-based case management and supportive services to the MSP residents and will be responsible for overseeing day to day activities for clients and volunteers..
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducts client assessments consistent with program requirements.
- Leverage internal systems and grant funds to connect homeless youth to a continuum of services
- Supports fellow case managers in providing coverage for clients in the MHP (weekly sessions and notes, monthly progress notes, tracking of client progress on case plan goals, intakes and discharge documentation)
- Provides case management services including: identification of client’s needs and developing client’s Individual Case Plan Goals with ongoing monitoring and follow-up on progress towards those goals.
- Provides services to clients including, but not limited to connections to resources, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, mentoring, and parent education.
- Completes weekly groups with MHP residents based on parenting education, life skills, and resident meetings. Teaches and demonstrates goal setting and decision making.
- Demonstrate familiarity and acts in accordance, with established safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides support to families in identifying and obtaining housing and community resources.
- Maintains a flexible working schedule to accommodate resident’s schedules and needs.
- Ensures accurate and timely collection and reporting of data to contract specification for evaluation through the maintaining of monthly reporting, data entry and timely case records documenting all services provided
- Monitors participants’ progress in developing skills needed to assure positive outcomes and communicating areas of need to all supportive staff.
- Assures security of confidential information and materials.
- Attends agency, program and collaborative meetings as assigned.
- Attends and participates in training as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly individualized supervision with MHP Program Manager which focuses on areas of responsibility and boundaries, discussion of the MHP residents and their progress in the program, any quality or performance issues, problem solving, and individual skill building.
- Participate in weekly MHP Program Team Meetings which focuses on identifying challenges, barriers and effective techniques in providing services to participants and achieving outcomes, coordination of MHP services with other programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor's degree in social work or equivalent human services field required; Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must have a minimum of 1 year experience assisting clients with finding housing and providing home-based case management in a residential setting to low income, at risk families with a working knowledge of early child development, family systems, community resources, and substance abuse treatment and interventions. Experience with Transition Age Youth and Justice involved youth a plus. Ideal candidate will be trauma informed and able to treat residents with understanding of previous homeless history, possible CPS involvement, and challenging backgrounds. Is culturally diverse in thought and respects those with different backgrounds, heritages, and means of communication. Must be willing to work a schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
Home Start is proud to be recognized as one of the 50 Best Non Profits to Work For in 2012, 2011 and 2010 from the NonProfit Times nationwide program; one of San Diego's 50 Best Places to Work from the San Diego Business Journals 2009 10th Annual Best Places to Work program; a Medallion recipient in SHRM's Workplace Excellence Awards for 2012 and 2011; and a finalist in the U-T San Diego Top Workplaces for 2013.
Job Status: Full Time