Case Manager - Rapid Re-Housing Program
Home Start, a non-profit agency dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and strengthening of families is seeking a Case Manager for the Rapid Rehousing Program. The Case Manager will provide housing-focused case management to a caseload of 15-20 households in East County.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct program intakes and needs assessments for clients.
- Assist clients with completing common assessments when appropriate.
- Coordinate with Housing Locators/Specialists to identify appropriate housing for clients.
- Develop and implements client-centered housing stability plans.
- Provide case management services based on a Critical Time Intervention (CTI) model.
- Assist clients with move-in activities.
- Make referrals to community resources as needed.
- Work with clients on obtaining benefits and/or increasing income.
- Communicate expectations to clients.
- Prepare rent check requests.
- Assist with developing and managing client and program budget.
- Attend case conferencing meetings.
- Liaise with other systems (corrections, health, behavioral health, etc.).
- Maintain client files and records.
- Complete Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data entry.
- Complete case notes.
Skills / Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, social services, and/or related human services field preferred. Demonstrated experience in low income, family-based services, and/or commensurate experience preferred. Knowledge of community resources for low income households and demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgment, insight into human behavior, and family relations. Effective communication skills are essential. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
Home Start is proud to be recognized as one of the 50 Best Non Profits to Work For in 2012, 2011 and 2010 from the NonProfit Times nationwide program; one of San Diego's 50 Best Places to Work from the San Diego Business Journals 2009 10th Annual Best Places to Work program; a Medallion recipient in SHRM's Workplace Excellence Awards for 2012 and 2011; and a finalist in the U-T San Diego Top Workplaces for 2013.
Job Status: Full Time