Behavioral Health Graduate Student Intern (Unpaid)
Home Start, a leader in providing family strengthening services in San Diego County for over 47 years is seeking a Behavioral Health Graduate Student Intern. Under licensed clinical supervision, provides office, home, and school based mental health therapy and case management services to children, teens and families who have been victims of child abuse and neglect. Other treatment types may include group and individual therapy with adults and couples in our outpatient clinic. Supervision is available from a licenses psychologist and n LCSW who are able to meet the requirements of any school program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides long-term individual therapeutic services to children. Services may include but are not limited to: TF-CBT, PCIT, play therapy, family therapy, counseling, case management, intake line, crisis intervention and advocacy.
- Provides case management services including: assessment, identification of client needs and goals on case plan with ongoing monitoring and follow-up on progress toward goals. Links clients with community resources when necessary.
- Collects and records client and service information in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains client case files and records in organized and easily accessible fashion.
- Attends and participates in individual and group supervision, team and staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Develops and maintains positive, supportive working relationships with other team members and all agency staff.
- Ensures clients receive high quality services as defined in the Agency Standards of Quality and protects client confidentiality.
- Assists supervisor in program development projects and participates in overall agency goal achievement.
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities to stay current in the field.
Skills / Requirements
- Education: Completed at least one-year in a counseling graduate program (PhD Psychology, Psy D, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Professional Clinical Counseling) and is currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Experience: Knowledge of child abuse dynamics, family violence and family systems.
- Skills: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate when working with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate as appropriate Bilingual a plus.
- Abilities: Willingness to provide in-home services. Must be team player and able to work independently.
- Other requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, a safe driving record, insurance and reliable vehicle and willing to use it on the job. Mileage for work travel will be reimbursed.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name on the subject and attach your resume, cover letter and 3 letters of recommendation.
Job Status: Internship